The Government of Belize reopened the international airport on October 1st, 2020. A date for the reopening of our land borders and cruise tourism is still underway and will be announced at a later date. Under this reopening phase, all travelers to Belize are only allowed to make reservations at hotels that meet the qualifications for the “Tourism Gold Standard” recognition program. This program seeks to enhance health and safety protocols to protect you and ensure that you’ll enjoy your vacation. The health of our guests and staff is of our utmost importance so we have incorporated these new safety and sanitation measures for all of us to be in the safest environment possible.
The following are some guidelines to help you prepare for your trip and to inform you of what to expect when you arrive in Belize:
Belize is now accepting proof of full COVID-19 immunization received at least 2 weeks prior to arrival.
Negative COVID-19 PCR TEST took within 96 hours of travel.
Negative rapid test (Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, and ABBOTT (Panbio) taken within 48 hours of travel
*Children under the age of 5 are not required to present a negative COVID test; however, children 5 years and older must present a negative COVID test.
*If you were unable to bring the results of a PCR test, you must proceed to the testing area where they will be required to take a COVID-19 test. Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US $50.00 (per passenger).
*Keep your Proof of Vaccination or your COVID-19 test results readily available for Health Officials. Depending on your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing. If you test positive, you will be required to quarantine at a Government approved hotel. Quarantine is mandatory for a minimum of 14 days and health officials must provide clearance for you to leave the country.
Transportation from the airport to Guest House:
Guest are required to arrange pick up at airport with gold standard transport.
What to expect during your stay?
NOTICE: There is a curfew from 10 PM to 5 AM for ok adults. Children under the age of 16 are not allowed to be out after 6 PM unless accompanied by a parent/guardian. Restaurants with outdoor dining can operate with 50% capacity. Most restaurants in San Ignacio have outdoor dining and are open until 8 PM/8:30 PM for dinner.
– You are advised to practice social distancing and proper hand hygiene to protect yourself and others you come in contact with.
– While in the country, face masks are mandatory in all public spaces. Please plan on wearing your mask through the airport, and during transport to the hotel. Mask can be removed when eating and drinking as you maintain sufficient distance from anyone not in your family/travel group. We suggest that you bring a few extra masks.
– Please be advised that the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) recommends that you choose only Gold Standard restaurants, gift shops, sites or attractions, that we know have implemented the necessary health and safety measures. A complete listing of Gold Standard entities can be found at: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
– We have implemented daily health and temperature checks for guests and employees
– If exhibiting any symptoms while at the guest House, health officials will be contacted and we will follow all protocols and procedures to ensure guests and employees are not affected. You will be required to quarantine until cleared by the Ministry of Health. All quarantine expenses are at the traveler’s expense
– Enhanced room cleaning and frequent sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces have been implemented.
– Follow all safety protocols and enjoy your Belize experience!
Enhanced cleaning protocols:
LA’s Gust House is taking appropriate measures to clean and sanitize all accommodations and public areas in the property for the safety of guests and staff. We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas and high touchpoints, and sanitation stations have been placed throughout the property for guests and employee use.
Social distancing and face masks:
We have adjusted our seating options in our Lobby to include appropriate distancing. All guests are required to wear a mask at all times in public areas around the property (except when eating & drinking). All employees are required to wear a face mask at all times when on duty.
– We are required to provide temperature checks for all guests and employees daily.
COVID-19 TESTING Before your departure:
– Kindly advise us if you will require testing to return to your home country. Antigen (rapid) testing is available across the country, by health facilities approved by the Ministry of Health & Wellness. Cost $75USD per person. Testing results are available in 30 minutes, and an electronic and printed copy of the results will be provided to you. We can assist you with getting an appointment booked while you are here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you so much for your patience and continued support during these unprecedented times! We look forward to sharing our little paradise with you!
For for information on Belize’s new protocols and FAQs, please visit: